Appraising Your Property
Choice Property Management undertakes a thorough inspection of your property and provides a written rental market appraisal.
Property Management Fees
Download a copy of our letting and management fees HERE.
Marketing & Advertising
Effective marketing is the most powerful way to reach prospective tenants. To attract the best possible tenant for your property, the importance of advertising and marketing cannot be underestimated.
Our marketing covers the following:
- Detailed Rental List (with photos)
- Open for Inspections
- Private Inspections
- Scheduled Newspaper Advertising
- Online Advertising
The advent of the Internet allows us to utilise our marketing systems further by providing rental listing through this global system. Prospective applicants can log on and check what properties are available and apply online.
The importance of tenant selection is imperative. Our job is to ensure that we choose the right tenant so that your property is protected.
Our policy of rejecting applicants that fail in our stringent criteria results in minimal tenancy defaults.
We also investigate rental histories through a database only available to agents. When all reference checking is completed, we refer the application to you for final approval and discussion of any special conditions if required by either the tenant or landlord.
Managing Your Investment Property
- Regular property inspections ensure that your investment is safe guarded
- Advise you of any repairs, preventative maintenance or recommendations that may be required
- Negotiation of lease renewals and rent increases for existing tenants taking into consideration the current rental market
- Arrange and coordinate maintenance repairs engaging our professional tradespeople or tradespeople of your choice. Repairs carried out on behalf of the landlord are paid from rent monies held in trust. Full copies of invoices are forwarded to you for your records.
- Pay all regular and authorised outgoings from rental including council rates water rates, body corporate fees, insurance, regular garden and caretaking maintenance etc.
- Collection of rental payments and provide the landlord with statements/tax invoice detailing all income and disbursements. Electronically deposit funds into nominated accounts and payments of GST to ATO as required
- Careful monitoring of any rental arrears including telephone calls, written correspondence and service of prescribed notices within required time frame or as instructed by the landlord
- Dispute resolution to ensure matters can be dealt with in a professional manner to avoid Tribunal appearances
- Preparation of all Tribunal documentation and representation on behalf of the landlord at VCAT if required
- Complete Bond Transfer Form if required during the tenancy as a result of tenant changes
- Thorough final inspection conducted at the completion of tenancy to ensure the tenant returns the property in the same manner as reflected by the Condition Report
- Completion of Bond Claim Form and disbursing of bond monies
- Providing end of financial year statement detailing total revenue and expenditure